About Mercom’s SEWP V Contract
With an effective date of May 1, 2015, Mercom Corporation provides a wide variety of technology solutions under Group C of the NASA Solutions for Enterprise-Wide Procurement (SEWP V) Contracts.
Contract Number: NNG15SD84B
Contract Type: Fixed Price, IDIQ
SEWP is divided into 4 Groups of contracts. Groups A, B(1), B(2), C and D were awarded through a competitive process. Group A was a full and open competition and consists primarily of large and small OEM’s/manufacturers. Groups B, C, and D consists primarily of Value Added Resellers. Group B(1) was a small business set-aside competition for HUBZone businesses. Group B(2) was a small business set-aside for Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB). Group C was a small business set-aside for Small Businesses. Group D was a full and open competition and consists of both small and large businesses.
Note that each competed group has the same scope which provides overlap among all contracts and groups.
Per Fair Opportunity as required by FAR Part 16, all Contract Holders within any one individual group must be considered (the SEWP on-line Quote Request Tool automatically provide the Fair Opportunity groupings when selecting Contract Holders). It is recommended to post requirements to multiple groups for maximum competition.
Contract Effective Dates: All SEWP V Contracts, have an effective ordering period of May 1, 2015 through April 30, 2025. The base contracts were awarded for 5 years with one 5 year option for a total of 10 years. Each contract has a $20 Billion contract limit.
What is SEWP?
Providing the latest in Information Technology (IT) products and services, the NASA Solutions for Enterprise Wide Procurement (SEWP) contract vehicle has an outstanding track record of serving up fresh technology for Federal Agencies. SEWP is a Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) consisting of 148 Competed Prime Contract Holders, including 17 small businesses. Small Business categories include: Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB); Woman-Owned Small Businesses (WOSB); HUBZone Small Businesses; Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (VOSB); and Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB). The SEWP contracts offer a vast selection and wide range of advanced technology, including, desktops and servers, IT peripherals, network equipment, storage systems, security tools, software products, cloud based services, telecommunication, Health IT, video conferencing systems and other IT and Audio-Visual products along with product based services such as installation and maintenance to all Federal Agencies (including Department of Defense) and their approved support service contractors. SEWP offers low prices (generally below GSA schedule prices), the lowest surcharge (0.39%) and the easiest and fastest ordering procedure using pre-competed contracts.
Through SEWP, Agencies can find an exact fit for their needs at the best overall value by choosing the right solutions offered directly by leading hardware and software manufacturers and experienced Government integrators.
Download a list of acronyms commonly used by SEWP. PDF
For more information about SEWP V, visit www.sewp.nasa.gov.
What is in scope for SEWP V?
SEWP V contracts are firm fixed price contracts that offer a wide variety of IT products and product based services, including:
• Desktop Computers and Laptops
• High performance servers and data-base servers
• Mass storage and network devices
• Advanced video and visualization solutions
• Computer support devices
• Security systems and tools
• Audio-Visual systems
• Health IT
• Cost per Copy Multi-Functional Printers
• Warranty and Maintenance
• Implementation and Installation
• Product-based Training
• Product-based Engineering
• And many more
Over 5,000,000 contract line items (CLINS) from over 5000 manufacturers are available through the SEWP Contract Holders.
SEWP Scope (PPT)
To learn more about the products and services Mercom provides on its SEWP V contracts or to obtain a quote, please call our experts or email SEWPV@mercomcorp.com.
Learn More and Request a Quote
Contract and Ordering Information
SEWP V Contract NNG15SD84B is part of a multi-award Government-Wide Acquisition Contact (GWAC).
For information about ordering Mercom products and services on SEWP V, download the following Ordering Guide. Customers must submit orders to the SEWP PMO via email email@example.com or FAX orders to (301)286-0317.
Fair Opportunity When Using SEWP Contracts
SEWP V is composed of 202 Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts to 148 prime contract holders, both manufacturers and resellers of IT equipment. The contracts were awarded in 5 contract Groups – 2 full and open and 3 set-aside competitions. Since all awards were multi-award contracts, Fair Opportunity (refer to FAR 16.505(b)) must be given to all contractors in one or more Groups.
The SEWP website provides the only SEWP recommended tools for manufacturer searches Quick RFI Tool) and for Request for Information/Request for Quotes (RFI/RFQ) Quote Request Tool). These tools are available to assist customers with buying decisions and as one means to provide documentation for any needed selection criteria. The following steps may assist customers in determining which contract best fulfills their requirements:
1. Market Research: According to Federal Acquisition Regulations, (FAR) Part 10, appropriate market research based on the size and complexity of the acquisition is required. The Online Quick RFI Tool and Quote Request Tool SEWP tools assist in this market research process.
2. Fair Opportunity: FAR 16.505(b) (1) provides that each contractor shall be given fair opportunity to be considered for each order exceeding $3,000 and issued under multiple award contracts. The FAR states that the method to obtain fair opportunity is at the discretion of the CO and that the CO must document the rationale for placement and price of each order. Using the SEWP online Quote Request Tool is the recommended method to assist in this activity and to augment the required decision documentation. The SEWP QRT tool will automatically include the Contract Holders within a selected Group or based on a suggested source.
NOTE: Fair Opportunity to all Contract Holders within one or more SEWP Groups is required. There is no requirement to obtain 3 quotes as long as all Contract Holders within a Group were provided opportunity to provide a quote.
3. Best Value: Once market research is completed, the end-user’s needs, technical requirements, Contract Holder program performance, price, Agency policy and other factors related to the exercise of sound business judgment should be considered in making a best value determination.
Policy and Procedural Information
The following policy and procedural information reflect the terms and conditions of Mercom’s contract with SEWP:
The Government may order computer systems, software, components, and other equipment with no installation. Customers will be ad¬vised regarding impact of self-implementation on terms of warranty support. Support Services (Training & Documentation, Maintenance, Warranty, and Licensing, Service Restrictions) may be purchased provided that all offered services are FFP and directly support the equipment and shall not exceed 5% of the price of the purchase order.
2. Basic Warranty
As an Authorized IT reseller, Mercom offers commercial warranty period. Commercial warranty plans are available as part of the product or as a stand-alone extended warranty coverage. Mercom offers the Government with warranty equivalent to our OEM’s commercial warranty offerings in terms of response time, principal period of service. At a minimum, warranty will be offered in one year increments with the following coverage: five days a week (Monday through Friday) and for eight (8) hours a day during business hours, with a next day response time.
3. Extended Warranty
Extended Warranty can be purchased and begin at any time during the standard commercial warranty period up to and including the end of the commercial warranty period. Extended warranty packages may be invoiced and paid at the start of the warranty period. This extended warranty shall provide coverage based on the standard commercial warranty. At the Government’s discretion, the Government may order, at any time during a warranty period, monthly maintenance at a Discounted Monthly Extended Warranty amount in lieu of the extended warranty.
4. Product and Software maintenance, warranty and licensing shall be treated as commercial product unless such product is priced on a usage basis. Software maintenance as a Product includes the publishing of bug/defect fixes via patches and updates/upgrades in function and technology to maintain the operability and usability of the software product. Software Maintenance as a product does NOT include the creation, design, implementation, integration, etc. of a software package. These examples are considered software maintenance as a service and are to be billed monthly.
5. Technical Support
Mercom shall provide a full complement of technical support services including a)Timely nondisclosure briefings on emerging technologies relevant to SEWP, b) Commercially available technical specifications, either on-line or in hard-copy form, for all base system components, with such documents for all products available on Mercom’s SEWP contract available by request, c) Continuous adherence to any relevant Government, NASA, and Goddard security requirements.
6. Mercom’s PMO SEWP Support
• Request product information to prepare a quote request
• Request information about installation, warranty, software support and technical support
• Unresolved issues, problematic orders, or post-delivery issues or any related questions
Contact Mercom’s SEWP Contracts Program Office:
SEWP Contract Number: NNG15SD84B(C)
Effective Date File Name
Description of Mod
PPC Code(s): SB
Business Designation: SDB, SB
Download SOW and Contract Clauses
Deputy Program Manager
313 Commerce Drive
Pawleys Island, SC 29585-6052
NASA SEWP Program Management Office
NASA SEWP Helpline (301) 286-1478 firstname.lastname@example.org
NASA SEWP Contract Holders Helpline (301) 286-4555 email@example.com
NASA SEWP Orders FAX (301) 286-0317 firstname.lastname@example.org